What’s velvety, lush and incredibly easy to make? Our tomato soup! A go-to when we need the soup equivalent of a hug, this is all we feel like eating right now, and so will you, after you make it. Did we mention it only features a handful of ingredients?
Serves 4 and makes enough for lunch the following day
- 1kg organic heritage tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Any herbs you might like: dried basil, oregano, or parsley
- 250ml vegetable or chicken stock (or more if you’re making a big batch)
- A handful of grated parmesan cheese/ drizzle of heavy cream for serving (optional)
- Fresh herbs like basil or parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Wash and finely cut the tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes, garlic, onion, bell pepper, olive oil, salt, pepper and dried herbs on a tray.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes, until the tomatoes get a little bit of char colour on them.
- In a pan, bring the stock to a boil then add the roasted vegetables. Using a hand blender, pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Add a drizzle of heavy cream or grated parmesan on top if you want, and garnish with the fresh herbs.