We love this guacamole recipe (enough for 2 hungry humans):
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno or serrano chilies
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 riper organic avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon cored, seeded and finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- In a medium size bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash 0,5 tablespoon of coriander, 0,5 teaspoon of onion, 0,5 teaspoon of minced chilies and pinch of salt together.
- Add the avocados and gently mash them with a fork until chunky-smooth. Fold the remaining coriander, onion and chilies into the mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes and lime juice, taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Serve it with our White Sussex Sourdough toast.
Pico de Gallo
- 2 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- Bunch of coriander
- 1 jalapeno, finely sliced
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the tomatillos, onions, coriander, peppers and lime juice in a bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving so flavours can blend. Can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.