Caramelised around the edges, super juicy, and ready in less than 15 minutes. Sold?
Let’s make honey glazed pork chops.
- 4 pork chops
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water (or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or apple vinegar, or any white vinegar)
- Season the pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat until hot. Sear the chops on both sides, until golden and cooked through (about 4-5 minutes each side). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Melt the butter in the same pan, then saute the garlic until fragrant. Add the honey, water and vinegar.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, and continue to cook until the sauce reduces down and thickens slightly (3-4 minutes) while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pork chops back into the pan, cover them with sauce and keep cooking for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the edges are caramelised and slightly charred.
- Serve with rice, pasta, salad or mashed potatoes.