Soothing, delicious and beautifully bright, our carrot ginger soup screams fall from a distance. Oh, and it’s super easy to make. What’s not to love?
- 600 g medium carrots, washed, peeled and cut into chunks.
- 135 g red split lentils, rinsed and drained.
- 1 onion, sliced.
- 3 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1½ l water
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of fresh parsley for garnish
- Some pumpkin seeds for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil, add the finely chopped onion and cook it until it starts to soften.
- Add the carrot chunks and drained lentils to the pot. Stir for a couple of minutes and then add the water, salt, grated ginger, and turmeric.
- Bring to the boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Blend the soup until smooth using a blender.
- Sprinkle the soup with the finely chopped parsley, a tablespoon of coconut milk per serving, some pumpkin seeds and serve while it’s still hot.
- Serve with sourdough bread (best if from The Sussex Kitchen).